Legal industries need legal access to credit unions. And the multi-billion dollar legal cannabis industry is no exception. For the credit union divisions willing to be a trailblazer in serving this industry, the upside is enormous (and the risk is lower than ever). Gleam Law can help create a cannabis credit union division at your financial institution so you can capitalize on one of America’s fastest growing industries.
What do a bunch of cannabis lawyers know about credit unions? Gleam Law’s Alan Hanson is a cannabis banking expert, a title received by creating and managing the largest cannabis credit union division in Oregon during his 17-year career as General Counsel and Compliance Officer of a large credit union. His program serves as a model for both state and federal regulators and remains a high performing product line.
We understand creating a cannabis credit union division is a big decision. To more fully understand the risks, relevant bodies of law, and benefits of building a cannabis-friendly credit union, download our free whitepaper today.
Our cannabis credit union program is designed to be there when you need us. If you’re interested in building a cannabis-friendly credit union, now is the time to capitalize on the opportunity.
Are you ready to take the next step for your credit union? Gleam Law can help you create a fully-compliant cannabis credit union division by:
- Creating board presentations arguing for a cannabis credit union division, including the potential fee structure and earnings
- Completing a risk assessment
- Implementing policies and procedures, both compliance and operational
- Developing a process for initial and ongoing due diligence
- Creating member agreements and disclosures
- Conducting on-site training for staff
- Be on call when state or federal regulators come knocking
- Speeding up the implementation time, establishing more services for your members faster.