A trademark may be the most valuable asset that you own. As part of the recognizable branding for your goods or services, a trademark can be anything from your name and logo to the scent and “look and feel” of your products or the sound of your popular jingle. All of that intellectual property requires protection from seasoned cannabis trademark lawyers.
The trademark attorneys at our law firm have years of experience guiding clients through every stage of intellectual property and the trademark lifecycle. Whether you’re in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland or beyond, our cannabis trademark attorneys can help you protect your cannabis-related business, goods and services. We offer a range of intellectual property and trademark services, including:
- Clearance Searches: Before you invest in a new trademark, our law firm will conduct a comprehensive search of private and government databases to ensure that your chosen trademark is not only available, but protectable.
- Trademark Registration: Registering your mark with the United States Patent and Trade Office (USPTO) is the first formal step to protecting your exclusive rights to use your trademark. Our trademark attorneys are experts in this registration process.
- Trademark Office Actions: An Office Action is a preliminary trademark registration refusal from the USPTO. Our cannabis trademark lawyers have successfully defended dozens of trademark applications against almost every type of office action, even when other trademark attorneys thought it was a lost cause.
- Trademark Opposition: Anyone can officially oppose a trademark registration. Our law firm will defend your rights to the trademark – whether you are opposing another’s registration or defending your own registration.
- Trademark Infringement: Trademark protections are intended to prevent consumer confusion, but they can only be enforced by the trademark owner. Our cannabis trademark lawyers can help you build a case against an infringing business or individual that used your mark without your permission.
- Trademark Licensing: There are a million reasons why our clients sell (or buy) the right to use a trademark. Whether you are expanding your business to an independent party in another state or hoping to put a household name on your products, our trademark attorneys can help guarantee that you get what you want at the right price.
- Trademark Monitoring: Our exclusive Trademark Monitoring Subscription service will keep an active eye on your trademark to ensure that your rights are protected at all times. The first step in protecting your mark is knowing who is stealing it. That’s where our law firm comes in.
Contact Our Attorneys
Seatle – California – Oregon